Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Total Perspective Vortex
I’ve been thinking about Douglas Adam’s Total Perspective Vortex. In Adam’s “Restaurant at the End of the Universe” the Total Perspective Vortex is a devise that shows you the entire universe and then the tiny little spec that is you. The result is the total annihilation of the brain. I’m not saying recognition of evolution will annihilate one’s brain. What I’m saying is that certain realities are HUGE and a little difficult to accept and still go about your day to day life. Sort of like sitting through a philosophy class, arguing about whether or not we all exist and then going to lunch. The brain tends to stagger a little. I honestly believe that most of the creationists, in their heart of hearts, know evolution is the real deal. They are just too intimidated by the sheer scope of time. It makes them feel tiny and insignificant. And that scares them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment